The Art Of Praying The Scriptures
The Art of Praying the Scripture is actually two books. The first half is a powerful teaching on how the divine reading and speaking out of Scripture can completely change your connection to God through his Word. And the second half includes 21 of John Paul’s favorite Scripture passages along with meditation instructions and questions to ponder. The purpose of this book is to help connect you with the Living Spirit of God’s Word in a fresh and exciting way.
The Art of Praying the Scriptures will help you:
- Understand the history of Lectio Divina and how it has developed since early Christianity
- Learn what it truly means to meditate on the Word of God
- Rediscover the beauty of communion and all its benefits
- Recognize the unique spiritual rhythm God has given you in prayer
- Discover the Four Stages of Lectio Divina (the Divine Reading)
- Prepare your heart through 9 important steps before prayer
- Uncover the secret to reading Scripture through the ears of your heart
If you’ve ever found yourself feeling disconnected from God or seem to be stuck in a “wilderness” season, it may be time to add a spark to your quiet time. The Art of Praying the Scriptures is truly a fresh look at this spiritual discipline practiced by saints and mystics for over 1900 years. Begin your journey into a deeper relationship today with this exciting new spiritual tool.